Batteria leggerissima

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 20/11/2012, 15:16

Simone

Group:
Administrator

Beccatevi questo.. batteria da 2kg...

not a car progress thread, but my latest mod. might be interesting for the lightweight fetish people on here

everything started about a year ago when I was looking for lightweight batteries for my twingo RS. all I found was the typical hawker 7kg bike battery, the varleys and all their lookalikes. but 7 kg battery would only safe 7kg of weight compared to the 14kg twingo stock battery... so I dismissed the idea

few weeks later at a local RC drift meeting one of the guys tried his brand new LiFePO4 battery pack... I asked him about it and he told me it's a nice technology... not as much punch as LiPo batteries but you can charge it with high current like a car battery so it is full in minutes... wait... did he say "like a car battery"?

later at home I did some research and found out that LiFePO4 is indeed a worthy alternative for crappy lead-acid cells. so I dug out a few manufacturers, found a cell that was easy to handle, offered huge capacity and even was nice to look at:

enter: the headway 40160 LiFePO4 cell

the beauty of those cells is that they are huge, compared to other cells. so you only need a few of them limiting the assembling time and point-of-failure rate. quickly I ordered a bunch and upon arrival I started to assemble a 12v 16Ah battery pack

the sheet underneath outlines the stock twingo battery dimensions. just to see how small the pack actually is, there's a standard issue redbull can right next to it

I charged it using my RC car charger and found out they came pretty well precharged. then all I needed to do was hooking it up to the twingo to test it... but that weekend I was attending a slalom race and in the class I was entering I was not allowed to modify the car and the tiny blue battery would have caused disqualification. so I put it aside for "later"

much later, as turned out. few months after building the cell I traded the twingo in for the clio which I am now driving for over 3 months... but today, I stumbled over the cell and couldn't resist to finally test it:

CIMG0722

Lastdiagramm-A123vsPB_700

IMAG0228

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 20/11/2012, 15:20

Mik - MK5 wannabe r32

Group:
Altri

Simo l'avevo vista pure io sull'altro forum.

Anche se in pratica non ho capito che tecnologia usa, ho letto delle celle particolari, ma non essendo ferrato ci ho capito la metà.

riders999
view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 11:07

ma dove dicono di produrla?...sarà cinese

view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 14:05

White Obama....

Group:
Mods

Questa non la batte :sisi.gif: :sisi.gif:

Duracell_9_Volt_0849

view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 14:30

Simone

Group:
Administrator

Ahahahahahah

Bo rider son cose fatte artigianali manco da prendere in considerazione... :lol:
Comunque ci son batterie ancora più leggere delle redtop o spark ma credo costino molto di più
L'avevo postata giusto x :)

Web Contacts  Top
riders999
view post Posted on 9/1/2013, 15:00

CITAZIONE (simoxmino @ 9/1/2013, 14:30) 
Ahahahahahah

Bo rider son cose fatte artigianali manco da prendere in considerazione... :lol:
Comunque ci son batterie ancora più leggere delle redtop o spark ma credo costino molto di più
L'avevo postata giusto x :)

quale dici sia migliore tra redtop o spark?

5 replies since 20/11/2012, 15:16   207 views